Sunday 15 January 2017

Word of the Year: Trust

Image Credit: http://makelyhome.com/haven-conference-2013-recap/

I've personally never heard of this concept, but apparently it's a thing. Picking a word of the year that reflects what you want to do or achieve.

Based on my new year's resolutions, I've decided that my word of the year is: trust. 

I need to trust myself. I need to trust that I know what's right for me. I'm a self-confessed people-pleaser and always have been, but I need to start relying on myself and trusting myself to make the right decisions for me. This year is going to be a crazy one - I'll be graduating from university and going out into the big wide world. I haven't got a clue what I'm going to end up doing. I know what I WANT to be doing, and I know what OTHER people want me to be doing, but as to what will actually happen, I have absolutely no idea.

At the end of the day, I need to make decisions based on myself, and no one else. I'm the one who has to live with them, and if I end doing something I hate just because someone else told me that I should, then I'll never forgive myself. My dream is to teach. It always has been. It's gonna take me a little bit longer to get there than I thought, but I refuse to give in.

I'm realising that I can't control everything and I should just stop trying.

I'm going with the flow.

I'm trusting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment