Monday 18 April 2016

My Top Five Books of All Time



This post is actually a day late, so apologies for that! It was meant to go up yesterday, but the day just completely got away from me. You know how it is!

I'm really excited about this post because it is one of my favourite things to talk about: books! Being a student studying English Literature, you'd think that I'd be sick of them by now, but that's definitely not the case. I've read so many books over the years, it was actually really hard to narrow it down to just five, but the ones that I've picked are ones that I would happily read over and over again, so I think they definitely deserve a place here. These are in no particular order: there's no way I could pick a number one favourite.

1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling
Of course, I had to have a Harry Potter book in here. I am the Harry Potter generation, and it is these books that made me love reading so much. As you can see from my much-loved copy, I've read these countless times, and they're just everything. Harry Potter is life.

2) Looking for Alaska by John Green
I read this after a recommendation from a friend, and I loved it. It is the perfect coming-of-age story that just encapsulates the struggles of teenage life and first loves so well. Also, the cover is one of my favourite covers ever. Look at it!

3) The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
I have no idea what possessed me to pick this book up, but I'm so glad I did. The premise is so simple: the main character dies and is met in heaven by five people, who either affected his life in some way, or whose life he affected without even knowing it. It's a beautiful book, and leaves you feeling really content, despite how sad it sounds.

4) The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I got this series of books for Christmas about three years ago, and I read this book in a day. Between Christmas Day and Boxing Day I read the entire thing, and it was amazing. The writing is incredible and the story is fast-paced - you're never left waiting for the next thing to happen. The film was done really well too; I loved Dylan O'Brien as the main character, he is exactly how I imagined Thomas to be.

5) Eragon by Christopher Paolini
My mum brought this book for me when I was about eight, and I didn't read it for many years, but when I eventually did it was so good. It's really long, which may be off-putting for some people, but I personally prefer books to be longer. If you like fantasy stuff, definitely read this series.

What are your favourite books of all time?

No comments:

Post a Comment