Sunday 27 November 2016

Stepping Out of the Comfort Zone

Image Credit: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/466896686342029567/ 

This week has been a very grown up one for me. I've done a lot of things that, in hindsight, really are not a big deal, but to someone who still feels about seventeen, they really are. Despite this, it's been a good week for me. I've had meetings with my dissertation tutor, who seems happy with the way my project is progressing, and I think I finally have some sort of a plan for what to do when university ends.

But for me, the best thing to happen this week are the comments that I've been getting about my blog. I've got an entire post about why I write my blog - and I write it for myself - but I had a brave moment a few weeks ago and posted the link to it on my Instagram bio. I didn't tell anyone that it was there, but nevertheless, it was. If you were looking for it, it wouldn't be that hard to find. After that, I didn't really think anything of it until I got a message from a friend, telling me that she'd stumbled upon it and really liked it. The following day, I had an old friend from home message me about it, saying the same thing. Despite knowing that people could find it if they were looking for it, I still never really thought about anyone reading it. Especially not anyone I know personally. But still, here were people, who know me in real life, telling me that they like my blog. And that has been just a massive confidence boost for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not going to be shouting about it from the rooftops or anything, but I feel like I really needed to hear those comments this week.

Who knows, maybe I'll have posted it on my Facebook profile by the end of the year?

On second thought, maybe not.

1 comment: