Saturday 21 October 2017

Review: My Side of the Diamond by Sally Gardner


This book was so weird. I don't really know what else to say, really. Despite the quote on the front of the book, 'they came to Earth to find love', I didn't really pick up on the whole alien thing until I started reading, and it was peculiar, to say the least. The story was good; it was fast-paced and interesting. I liked that it was written from the perspective of lots of different characters as if they were being interviewed, as this meant that you got the details slowly, not all thrown at you in the last few pages. It was also good that you don't find out who 'Mr Jones' is until the last couple of pages either, as this kept the story interesting.

A note on the book itself, it is BEAUTIFUL. Designed to look like a notebook, it has an elastic to keep it closed, and it's just a gorgeous looking book.

I mean, I read the majority of this story in one sitting, so it was good and engaging, but weird. Definitely weird. If you like alien stories, you will definitely like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment