Tuesday 19 December 2017

Review: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black


I LOVED THIS! LOVED IT! Just wanted to get that out of the way. Also, look at that cover! It's a BEAUTIFUL book.

The Cruel Prince is primarily about a young girl called Jude, who, along with her twin sister Taryn and older sister Vivienne, is kidnapped and taken to the land of the fey, by the same man who murders their parents in front of their eyes. They are then forced to grow up in a world that they do not know, surrounded by faeries who believe that mortals are an inferior species.

As she gets older, Jude finds herself in a tit-for-tat power battle with the youngest prince of Faerieland, Prince Cardan, whose disdain for mortals governs his entire life. But all is not what it seems...

I could not put this book down. At all. I just had to know what happened next, and now I HAVE to have the next book (if there will be a next book) the second it comes out. I really hope there is a sequel, but this book ends in such a way that if there isn't one, it still works. I cannot say enough good things about this - a must-read for fantasy lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment