Friday 19 January 2018

Review: Sourdough by Robin Sloan


I don't really know what I was expecting when I started reading this book, but it definitely wasn't this. That being said, I enjoyed this. It was different, in a good way. I kinda wanna start baking sourdough bread now.

Lois Clary is working in a technology company, making good money but not really enjoying herself. When her favourite takeaway closes down, the people who own it leave her a sourdough bread starter, so that she can continue making the food for herself. She ends up coming into contact with a group of mysterious people who aim to 'fuse food and technology', and she begins on a new path in life, with mixed results.

This book was completely different from anything that I've ever read before, but I really liked it. It was interesting, and I loved the sourdough bread element. A story that is basically just about sourdough bread shouldn't work, but this one does. My mum loved it too. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment