Monday 4 March 2019

Review: The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas


I'm very conflicted about this book. I wanted to love it because I love the ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses) series, but I'm really struggling. All the advice I read said that I should read this book first before the main Throne of Glass series, so I did but I think that was a mistake.

I went into this completely blind, so I had no loyalty or feelings for Celaena, and to be honest, she didn't come across well. She's a spoiled, selfish seventeen year-old and I found that quite irritating. Don't get me wrong, there were aspects of her that I liked, but most of the time she was just annoying.

As I said, I haven't read the main series yet, so I feel like I would have appreciated this book more if I had read a couple of the main series first, so I had some sort of grounding. I don't know. I'm gonna read something else before I start the actual Throne of Glass series, so hopefully that will give me some time to figure out how I feel about this book.

Sidenote - Celaena did not deserve Sam! He was so nice to her and she was awful to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment