Thursday 17 August 2017

Review: Good Friday by Lynda La Plante

Image Credit: http://lyndalaplante.com/good-friday/

This novel is a classic example of a good detective story. It was full of twists and turns, and from the very beginning I found myself trying to figure out who the 'bad guy' was. Despite guessing from the beginning, I didn't manage to figure it out, and so when the big twist was revealed I was really surprised.

The one thing I would say, is that I found Jane a little annoying. I haven't read the previous two Jane Tennison novels so I don't know whether that would have made a difference, but she was a little irritating, particularly at the beginning.

The plot was fast-paced and this made the novel incredibly easy to read. The story-line itself was really interesting, and as I said earlier, the big reveal was completely unexpected. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who loves detective fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment