Wednesday 1 May 2019

Review: The Forgotten Sister by Caroline Bond


Cassie knows that she is adopted - she's known it all her life. But at 17, she's curious about her birth mother and sets out to discover what she can about her. Convinced her parents are lying to her, Cassie digs into her past, but she uncovers more than she ever thought possible...

I read 'The Second Child' by Caroline Bond a couple of years ago, and that was heart-wrenching, so I suspected that this would be much of the same, and I was right. There is so much feeling in this book - you can completely sympathise with the characters, and everything that they go through it just so real. The relationships between the characters are so lovely - I adore the closeness between Cassie and Erin. As a big sister myself, I completely understand the protectiveness there.

I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 because Cassie is a 17 year-old girl and makes some silly choices, but ultimately her heart is in the right place. The circular ending of this book is incredibly powerful - where will the vicious cycle end? Highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment