Tuesday 6 August 2019

Review: Home Truths by Susan Lewis


Angie had the perfect life - a loving husband, wonderful children and a happy home. But her oldest son gets into trouble - drugs and gangs - and all of a sudden she finds herself drawn into a world that she never knew existed. When the worst possible tragedy occurs and her son goes missing, Angie finds her perfect world comes crashing down, and she will do whatever it takes to ensure that her younger children never know the terror she has experienced...

Oh my goodness, this book. 5 stars is not enough - it was incredible. It was a harrowing account of how close normal families can be to homelessness and struggle. I feel incredibly privileged to have absolutely no idea how the benefits system in this country works, but reading this book has made me question everything that I know about it, and how it effects those that rely on it everyday. This book has made me feel grateful for everything that I have in my life, and I won't stop thinking about it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment