Saturday 3 August 2019

Review: The Possession by Michael Rutger


I'm very disappointed by this book. I will give any book a go, and I really hate to start books and not finish them, but that's exactly what I did with this one.

It's just boring. Of the chapters that I did read, there were at least two that were just talking about the history of stone walls. STONE WALLS. I get that the walls are important to the story (I presume, I didn't even get that far in), but do they really require entire chapters written about the history of them, which is spotty at best? I think not.

I got to almost 100 pages in and nothing has happened. The main characters have arrived in the town and wandered around, met some strange people, and that's it. I know that 100 pages isn't massively far into the book, but it's quite far in to have had nothing major happen yet.

I'm not the type of person to give up on reading books, but I won't be picking this one back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment