Sunday 31 January 2016

January Favourites

I absolutely love favourites posts/videos, so I'm gritting my teeth and attempting to do one myself. January has been a bit of a slow month for me, with going back to university and the like, so my favourites probably aren't particularly interesting, but I'll do my best.


Diary
My diary has been without a doubt, my favourite thing this month. In 2015, I decided to move out of a day-per-page diary and instead use a blank journal, but I really missed the structure of having a set place to scribble stuff down everyday, so I've gone back to a day-per-page one for 2016. It's my saving grace, it really is. As I've mentioned in previous posts, it keeps me from going insane on a daily basis!

Microsoft Surface Tablet
This was a surprise present for my 20th birthday, and I love it so much. I've always considered myself a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to taking notes in lectures; to this day I always use a pen and paper, but I also bring my tablet with me as it makes seeing the lecture slides so much easier. I can take notes from them at my own pace without worrying about the lecturer changing the slide, and it saves me so much money in printing (I used to print the lecture slides out and annotate on them).

Meditation/Yoga
This is a bit of an odd once, since meditation and yoga isn't an 'item' technically, but I find it absolutely invaluable for helping to keep my emotions in order. I'm a massive worrier and stress about all the little things that happen in day to day life, so practising yoga and meditation really helps me to deal with this, and keep my focus on the 'big picture' instead of all the mundane things.

Natural Collection Face Powder
Again, a bit of a random one, but I bought this in December on a bit of a whim, since the store didn't have my regular face powder. I was pleasantly surprised - it's really good! Really easy to apply, smooth on the skin and doesn't flake over my small patches of dry skin, which is obviously brilliant. Having used it for about a month now, I actually prefer it to the powder I was using before, and it's cheaper, which is always an added bonus!

Naked 2 Palette
I know I've mentioned this in a blog post already, but I am obsessed with this. I've used it everyday this month, and I'm loving it.

What have you been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment