Sunday 3 January 2016

New Year's Resolutions

Every year, we make new year resolutions. Promises to ourselves to be better in some way, or do something nice for someone else. Do we stick to them? Absolutely not. But still, it's nice to try and convince ourselves that we will.

1) Stop biting my nails
This has been one of my resolutions every year since I was about eight. And now, twelve years later, maybe I'll actually manage it! Twelfth times the charm?

2) Change computer/phone wallpaper every month
This sounds silly, but I tend to keep my phone and computer wallpapers the same for months at a time, so it'll be nice to mix things up.

3) Post on Facebook more
I'm not a massive Facebook person, but it is a good way of documenting what happens in a year other than writing it down. I'm a massive fan of the traditional way, don't get me wrong, I've kept a diary since 2008, but Facebook offers something a little bit different, which is good for a more visual record.

4) Take more pictures
This kind of links with number three, but I hardly ever take pictures. I love looking at pictures and they're an amazing way to remember memories, so I'm determined to take more this year.

5) Write gratitudes everyday
This has been so important to me lately - it's really important to remember and appreciate all the small things that happen on a day-to-day basis that make you happy, no matter how small or insignificant they seem.

What are your resolutions for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment