Monday 26 September 2016

Summer 2016

As I write this, I'm currently sat in my house at university, procrastinating on the dissertation work that I should be doing, and instead choosing to reflect on the summer that I had this year.

It was a great one. I experienced so many new things and really spent some time relaxing and preparing for my final year at university.

I went Zorbing, I went on the fastest zip line in the world, I went surfing for the first time, I attempted a tree-top climbing adventure, I dyed my hair, I got a tattoo, and I got to spend time with my family and friends.


Anyone who knows me in real life will know that extreme sports and adventures aren't really my thing. But this summer I really tried to push myself and do things that I've never done before. And it worked out really well. The zip lining was one of the most fun things that I've ever done, and I'm terrified of heights. I couldn't finish the tree-top climbing adventure due to this same fear, but I still attempted it and I'm proud that I did. I so nearly didn't get my tattoo, but I just went for it and I absolutely love it.

I still don't love heights, and I can't surf to save my life, but I will always look back on this summer and remember it as a good one. I had some of the best times, and I'm so looking forward to the future.

How was your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment